Saturday 27 March 2010

In awe of Italians

I am always very impressed with how highly some people seem to value themselves, I really am.

I was at the London Pirelli's head quarter the other day, meeting up with a successful business man I've known, literally, all my life to say hello as we were both in town and this is what one does.

I wasn't impressed with the premises, by the way, and the receptionist - although lovely -looked like Mortitia while the guy at the door was simply scruffy. Surely the Italians should be aware that we already have a bad reputation as it is in the rest of the world and pay more attention to first impressions? Most likely, full of it as the are and still living on Roman-times' credit, they are oblivious to it all.

Anyway, this gentleman tells me that he's thinking of taking his boat to the Caribbean where he can make lots of money just by chartering people around the islands for two months a year. ALL this guy needs is a woman who's willing to cook and clean for the guests and, of course, look after him too.

This 'lucky' woman will not be making any money as she will benefit enough from the amazing lifestyle as it is! In the meanwhile, this guy is planning to make around 90,000 pounds PER WEEK out of the enterprise and other people's work, while getting laid.

I'm in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment